This week my Wentworth Courier column spends 5 minutes with the incredible makeup king Mr Napoleon Perdis, to find out about his new Woollahra Life.Style store.
Old Post Office Perdis’s New Venture
Makeup king Napoleon Perdis has given the old Woollabra post office the ultimate makeover.
1. Tell me about your new Life.Style store? I love art, design, fashion. I’m very passionate about interiors and I wanted to open a store that would to reflect this.
2. What will one find stocked in the store? Of course, at the heart of this concept is our hero product, my cosmetics brand. Other items include handmade porcelain by Klein Reid out of NY, limited edition prints by Alexander Calder, dinner wear by IONIA of Greece, Thole Blanc jewellery and accessories from Bel Air. CA and Cecille Jean Jewellery and accessories from Paris. We also have our very own, designer scarf cushion collection and an incredible vintage designer jewellery collection.
3. What inspired you to create this fabulous concept? My wife kept pushing me to explore my boundaries so Life.Style was in a way inspired by Soula-Marie.
4. Why did you choose this location? I just fell in love with the building, the wonderful 1940s Australian &damns feeling that it evokes.
5. What do you love most about Woollahra? I love the unique mix of retail and restaurants and the village feeling.
6. Your No.1 beauty tip for women is? Not to prime is a crime.
7. Favourite local cafe. Indigo in Double Bay. I just love its European feel and the eclectic mix of people.
8. Favourite local restaurant. I am a fan of Matt Moran’s Chiswick, but of course you cannot go past Bistro Moncur.
9. Favourite local bar. I love arriving at Limoncello for a fabulous dirty martini, and having it with the bruschetta.
10. Favourite local shop. Victor Churchill, the butcher. I love the pate and meats, because then I cook a good old fashioned Aussie barbecue. Napoleon Perdis Life.Style is located at 99 Queen St
For more information about Napoleon cosmetics visit the website – http://napoleonperdis.com/